Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I Smell a Spirit

Funny you mention cigar.....I do not believe in "coincidence" so the timing of the universe continues to amaze me. I was just at our local high school play with two of my four children, the night before you posted your comment. As we were sitting in the dark, I could smell cigar smoke.

I prefer trying to debunk every paranormal activity that presents itself to me....so I brushed it off as perhaps a member of the audience smoked a cigar prior to the play. However, I have two examples of "smelling a spirit" phenomenon that I would like to share with you!

Several years ago, I was chatting with an acquaintance of mine about the death of her mother. I felt an impulsive need to ask her an odd question. I asked her if she had smelled her mother since she passed. She looked at me and said she smelled her mother's lipstick at the funeral. Keep in mind at this time in my life, I was unaware that it was possible to smell a spirit.

Another similar story is when I first met a good friend of mine. We were having drinks and she was talking about the death of her mother. Once again, I followed my intuition and asked if she had ever smelled her mother. She looked at me as if I was The Great Gazoo from an old Flintstones episode. Anyway, she said no, and the night continued as she washed my question away with a martini.

The next morning her husband called her from his trip. She had not talked to him after she left me that night, as he was away. He told her that her mother came to him in his dream and that he could smell her.

To make the story odder, he never recalled her mother having a particular scent.






















































































































































you+.-

1 comment:

  1. We too, that is, my family and I, have experience of this phenomenon in our own home which I would like to share with you. There are two distinctive smells that are being experienced.

    The first always occurs in the same two places within our home and that is in the downstairs lavatory and a within a specific area in our entrance hallway. No-one in our home smokes and we do not allow others to smoke in our home.

    It is always a very distinctive Pipe smoke smell and occurs at any time of the day or night, but usually the phenomenon occurs for one or two days and then nothing for weeks or months before it returns. The thing that adds to the phenomenon, and feeds the belief of possible paranormal activity, is the fact that when the smell is noticed, our pet dog Scooby is very unsettled within the hallway and has occassionally been seen sitting in the hall, looking up at the lavatory door.

    The second has only just recently started (within last few weeks) and has only been experienced by my partner and myself. A smell of coffee has been noticed mid climb on our stairway and in the entrance to our bedroom. The smell is extremely distinctive (almost like having someone who has just drank a cup of coffee stand beside you and breathe on you) and again, my partner and I are avid tea drinkers and very rarely even keep coffee in the house. This phenomenon, unlike the other, only occurs at night time.

    ReplyDelete